Only those individuals whose mobile numbers are registered with UIDAI will be able to do it. Here is a step-by-step guide to update your address online:
Step A: Visit the official website, Aadhaar Self Service Update portal, ssup.uidai.gov.in.
Step B: After visiting the website, tap ‘Proceed to update Address‘ option to update the address.
Step C: Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number or you can even enter your 28-digit Enrolment ID (EID) as mentioned on the acknowledgement slip or 16 Digit Virtual ID (VID).
Step D: Next enter that captcha code and tap ‘Send OTP‘ or enter ‘TOTP’.
Step E: A six-digit OTP will be sent to your mobile number.
Step F: Enter the OTP and log-in.
Step G: On the next page, if you have the valid documents, then you can update the address by clicking on the Update Address via Address Proof’ tab.
Step H: On the new page you need to enter the details, upload a valid supporting document, Submit and follow the instructions given on the screen.
Change Address on Aadhaar via app
You can even change or update your address through the mAadhaar app on your mobile. The new mAadhaar app is available for both Android and iOS users.
A] READ | How to link Aadhaar with mobile number
Also Read : How to Request for Aadhaar PVC Card
How to configure m-Aadhaar applications in phone (Android & iOS)?
- Visit the Google Play Store for Android and to App Store for iPhone.
- Type mAadhaar in the search bar and download, or download mAadhaar Android version from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.gov.uidai.mAadhaarPlus&hl=en_IN or iOS version from https://apps.apple.com/in/app/maadhaar/id1435469474.
- To make sure you are downloading the right app, check to see if the developer’s name is listed as ‘Unique Identification Authority of India’
- Once you open the app, it takes you through the terms and conditions and usage guidelines and language preference settings. Please go through them carefully before continuing further.
What is iOS compatible version for maadhaar app?
The mAadhaar app for iPhone is compatible for iOS 10.0 and above.
Does my profile on mAadhaar get inactive when changed to new phone with registered mobile number?
Yes, Aadhaar profile in a phone will automatically get deactivated the moment the same profile is registered in another mobile. Aadhaar can be registered only in one device at a time.
What are the features/benefit of M-Aadhaar application?
mAadhaar is more than Aadhaar card in a wallet. Using the mAadhaar App, the resident can avail the following benefits:
- Get Aadhaar by Downloading or Ordering Reprint of Aadhaar or by retrieving lost or forgotten Aadhaar
- View/Show Aadhaar in offline mode, particularly when residents are required to show their ID proof
- Update Address in Aadhaar via document or without document proof
- Keep/Manage Aadhaar of family members(up to 5 members) in one mobile
- Share Paperless eKYC or QR code to service providing agencies
- Secure Aadhaar by Locking Aadhaar or Biometrics
- Generate or Retrieve VID which user can use in the place of Aadhaar to avail Aadhaar services (for those who have locked their Aadhaar or do not wish to share their Aadhaar).
- Use Aadhaar SMS services in offline mode
- Check Request Status Dashboard: After enrolling for Aadhaar, ordering reprint or updating Adhaar data, resident can check the status of the service request in the App.
- Help others who don’t own a smartphone in availing Aadhaar services with the help of common services.
- Get Update history and Authentication records
- Book Appointment to visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra
- Aadhaar Sync feature allows resident to fetch the updated data in Aadhaar profile after successful completion of an update request.
- Time-based One-Time Password can be used instead of SMS based OTP to avail Aadhaar Online Services available on the UIDAI Website
- Locate Enrolment Centre (EC) helps user find nearest enrolment Centre
- The More section in the App includes information about the mAadhaar App, Contact, Usage guidelines, Terms & Conditions of using the app and other necessary information.
- Apart from helpful FAQs and link to Chatbot the More section also contains links to important documents from where resident can download the Aadhaar enrolment or Aadhaar update/correction forms.