The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a Government initiated the scheme in India which aims to offer affordable housing for the weaker sections. Launched on 25th June 2015, PMAY targets to construct 2 Crore homes for the urban poor by 31st March 2022 before the nation celebrates her 75th independence.
PM Awas Yojana Benefits:
- Those who are eligible under this scheme will get subsidy on home loan interest rates. The details such as subsidy rate, maximum loan amount and other details have been given in the table below:
- “Housing for All” Mission for urban area has been implemented with effect from 17.06.2015 to provide central assistance to implementing agencies. The Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme is being offered under this mission.
- For Middle Income Group(MIG), the interest subsidy will be provided on housing loans for acquisition/construction of houses (including repurchase).
A beneficiary family will comprise of husband, wife, unmarried sons and/or unmarried daughters.An adult earning member (irrespective of marital status) can be treated as a separate household
- Applicant/s will be eligible under this mission when all below conditions are met:
- The beneficiary family should not own a pucca house (an all-weather dwelling unit) either in his/her name or in the name of any member of his/her family in any part of India.
- The beneficiary family should not have availed of central assistance under any housing scheme from Government of India/State government.
- The beneficiary family should not have availed any PMAY – CLSS subsidy from any of the Primary Lending Institutions (‘PLI’).
- All Statutory Towns as per Census 2011 and towns notified subsequently would be eligible for coverage under the Mission.
- The construction/extension for which the loan is availed must be completed within 36 months from the date of the disbursement of the 1st instalment of the loan amount.
- Additional Criteria for LIG/EWS category only: The houses constructed/acquired with central assistance under the Mission should be in the name of the female head of the household or in the joint name of the male head of the household and his wife, and only in cases when there is no adult female member in the family, the house can be in the name of male member of the household
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:
- Proof of identity
- PAN card
- Voter ID card
- aar card
- Driving license
- Photo credit card
- Photo identity card issued by the Government
A letter issued by a recognized public authority that confirms the identity of the customer with a photograph
- Proof of address
- A letter issued by recognized public authority confirming the identity and residence of the applicant
- Rent agreement
- Life insurance policy
- Residence address certificate
- Voter ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of income
- Last six months bank statement
- ITR receipts
- Salary slips for the previous two months
- Proof of purchase of the property (if applicable):
- Sale deed
- Sale/purchase agreement
- Property registration certificate (if available)
Copy of receipt of payment made to the developer (if applicable)One must make sure that he/she is eligible for the subsidy before application. Also, the applicant should check whether his/her name is present on the beneficiary’s list as well to receive the subsidy benefit.
PMAY Address And Helpline Number:
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110011